We are committed to continuously improving access to our goods and services by individuals with disabilities. This website is currently being updated to enhance the usability and experience for persons with disabilities. If you are unable to use any aspect of this website because of a disability, please call 617.423.6165 and we will provide you with prompt personalized assistance.
At South Boston Dental Associates, our dentists perform a complete and thorough oral exam during your initial visit. During subsequent check-up visits, your dentist and hygienist will also include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We use special dental instruments to check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: We examine the condition of existing fillings, crowns, etc.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about oral exams or to schedule an oral health consultation with a South Boston Dental Associates dentist.